Friday, July 30, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Pages (Paperback): 608 pages
Publisher: Vintage
Released: June 23, 2009

Description: Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. He hires Mikael Blomkvist, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of unfathomable iniquity and astonishing corruption.


Review: What can I say about this book? The mystery with Harriet was interesting and kept me turning the pages. I liked Mikael, I guess, but  but the real star of the show is hacker extraordinaire, Lisbeth. She's an absolutely fantastic character. I would give this a perfect score, but I thought the plot about Mikael's love life and his company was boring and didn't flow as nicely as the Harriet mystery.

Grade: 9 lines out of 10




Check out the full length review over at Books may Vary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!